A Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page is an important asset on any company’s website, and too often one that businesses overlook. Their loss, your gain. Having an FAQ page can help you increase conversions, build trust with your customers, improve your SEO and save you time.
Your goal as an e-commerce site is to make sure that you do as much as you can to encourage people to become paying customers. A big part of that is getting rid of barriers your customers face. But that is not a surprise, right?
A typical FAQ page is just an organized collection of valuable information that your customers ask about your products and services. It is quite common that the FAQ is boring, has no emotion and feels like it was written by a robot. Like the one below from Makeupforever.com?
How about this one from Tattly.com? Getting better? Tattly does a great job of using their customer voice to phrase the questions, while still maintaining clarity.
We suggest you take a look into your FAQ page, because it can offer lots of benefits, including:
- Improve your customer’s experience.
- Create word of mouth and positive surprises.
- Provide quick information to help customers make a purchasing decision.
- Reduce the time your employees need to answer simple questions.
- Boost sales since people will have basic information to make a decision.
If you want to increase the usability of your site, improve your business authority, and increase conversions, then you need to have an excellent FAQ section.
In order to write a great FAQ page, you will need to know what your customers are asking most often. You should think about whether your clients ask about individual features and are unsure about some technical aspects of your products and services.
But why make it boring?
Why not add a touch of humour and keep it simple? Can you answer YES to many questions, or maybe it’s a NO? How about storytelling? How about videos?
It is your chance to show your customers who you are as a business 🙂 And it for sure is an underused marketing opportunity.
- Why Your E-Commerce Store Needs an FAQ Page
- The FAQ Page: Why You Need It, How to Build One, and 10 Great Examples
- How to Use Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Pages as an SEO Treasure Trove
Brought to you by: